[squid-users] what type of proxy do I need ?

From: J. Bakshi <joydeep_at_infoservices.in>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 16:07:09 +0530

Hello list,

I have a debian server which works as a gateway as well as web server of our organization.
We use the web server as local web development server. Hence the gateway and the web-server IP is same.

I like to restrict some internet sites where squid becomes very handy. I have two problems here.

[1] Can I configure squid such a way where it just operates on WAN ethernet card, without any
required settings from user-end ? So users can browse the locally available sites without any
modification at network settings and when they go to internet the squid comes in between and
restrict the defined sites ?

[2] can I restrict the sites based on time ? Say youtube is again available after 7 pm ?

Please give some focus on these issues as I have little knowledge about squid.

Thanks