Re: [squid-users] squid with parent sock5 proxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 01:01:52 +1300

On 2/03/2012 3:18 a.m., Carlos Manuel Trepeu Pupo wrote:
> Hi, I need to install squid, but my parent proxy only have sock5.
> Can I use squid in windows for this ???

Maybe yes, maybe no. You will at minimum have to build your own Squid or
somehow workout how to make a SOCKS tunnel to the parent proxy and
configure Squid in such a way as to use that tunnel for a cache_peer line.

   http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Socks

Good luck, my own SOCKS-foo is low. As evidenced by several failed
attempts to get SOCKS support built into Squid natively.

Amos