Re: [squid-users] Squid, SNMP/Zenoss and mib.txt?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 01:32:33 +1300

On 8/03/2012 1:14 a.m., Peter Gaughran wrote:
> First timer, so please be gentle :)
>
> I've got squid installed on RHEL 6, latest version available. I've
> installed snmp but I'm getting
>
> /etc/squid/mib.txt: No such file or directory
>
> when I try to do an snmpwalk? Any references to mib.txt creation refer
> to --enable-snmp when compiling squid, but as I installed it with yum,
> I'm a bit lost...
>
> Also, any one use the Squid Zenpack for Zenoss?
> (http://tanso.net/zenoss/squid/)

SNMP should be enabled unless they disabled it. The "squid -v" output
can confirm if there is anything customised in your squid. At the very
least if Squid allowed you to configure a snmp_port then its available.

The absence of mib.txt is a bit annoying, but it just means you will
have to work with raw numbers. Everything should still work normally
without it.
You can download a copy of the 3.1 MIB.txt at
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~squid/squid/3.1/view/head:/src/mib.txt

The Squid OID numbers are all listed in a human readable format at
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Snmp#Squid_OIDs for reference along
with the details of how to work snmpwalk with Squid (there are some
tricky gotchas walking the IP address indexed tables).

Amos