Re: [squid-users] Roadmap Squid 3.2

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 01:57:18 +0100

ons 2012-03-07 klockan 10:35 -0700 skrev Alex Rousskov:

> I think it is neither reasonable nor practical to make Squid v3.2
> "stable" designation dependent on 2.x bugs, especially those filed years
> ago with insufficient information. Squid v3.2 can be stable regardless
> of what bugs the old 2.x version had.

Yes.

3.2 release should not be held by Squid-2 bugs. Only confirmed Squid-3.2
bugs affecting new functionality or indicating a regression from 3.1.
Plus any known significant security issues which may impact 3.2.

We can't aim for having each new release fixing all possibly known bugs
in all earlier releases, but it's reasonable that we do not knowingly
introduce new bugs in old functionality or release new functionality
known to not be working well enough.

It is acceptable to have some known bugs in new functionality, as long
as it do not impose any security issues or make the functionality
useless.