Re: [squid-users] enabling X-Authenticated-user

From: Brett Lymn <brett.lymn_at_baesystems.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 15:46:47 +1030

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 10:37:01AM +1030, Brett Lymn wrote:

> 1) The credentials being passed to the upstream are not rewritten - if I
> decode the basic auth it has my real password going to the upstream.

And scratch this one too... if I use:

cache_peer upstream.proxy parent 8080 7 login=*:password no-query default

along with the external acl the username rewrite happens[1] so now the
silly upstream logging actually works for both basic & kerberos
authentication.

[1] see line 1628 in http.cc - there is a check for peer_login == * and
then it checks if there is an external ecl rewrite for the login
details.

Thanks for the patience & help Amos - I got there in the end.

--
Brett Lymn
"Warning: