Re: [squid-users] Re: access.log issues with squid 3.2.0.15

From: <gewehre_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 08:36:31 +0100

> >> I had "access_log stdio:/Applications/oss/logs/access.log squid"
> >> which
> >> worked fine.
> >>
> >> Today, I switched to:
> >>
> >> logformat customfmt %tl
> >> access_log stdio:/Applications/oss/logs/access-customfmt.log
> >> customfmt
> >>
> >> based on the suggestion in
> >>

> http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/Date-time-format-in-access-log-td1458569.html.
> >>
> >> This doesn't seem to have any effect. In fact, squid continues to
> >> log to
> >> /Applications/oss/logs/access.log in the squid native format. I've
> >> tried
> >> with or without the "stdio:" part. I did restart or "-k reconfigure"
> >> squid. Am
> >> I missing something obvious?
>
> /Applications/oss/logs/access.log
> vs
> /Applications/oss/logs/access-customfmt.log
>
> perhapse?
>

> Amos

Nah, I double-checked that. In fact, squid still logs in epoch timestamps with the following config:

logformat customfmt %tl
access_log stdio:/Applications/oss/logs/access.log customfmt

Or it only logs to access.log, with the following:

logformat customfmt %tl
access_log stdio:/Applications/oss/logs/access-customfmt.log customfmt
access_log stdio:/Applications/oss/logs/access.log squid

It almost as if squid is using a cached copy of its previous squid.conf.