[squid-users] Facebook connection timeout error

From: Zaikin Alexander <Zaikin_at_ukraina-hotel.ru>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 08:32:44 +0000

Since March 7, 2012 our users was able to connect to http://facebook.com through squid 3.1.16 in non-transparent mode. After the recent troubles with facebook servers we are unable to connect to the http://facebook.com, this page is not load at all and then squid generates connection timeout error. Some of other pages like http://ru-ru.facebook.com%9aor http://de-de.facebook.com/ works fine.

I am able to connect to http://facebook.com without our proxy or if I use some external anonymizer which allows users to connect to restricted sites. I have already tried to delete all restriction for facebook from my proxy, turn forwarded_for option OFF but it had no effect. Also I am able to connect to facebook directly from proxy PC via w3m browser.

Any ideas for what else could be done?