Re: [squid-users] maxconn bug ?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:45:26 +1300

On 13.03.2012 06:03, FredB wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Maxconn seems doesn't works with last squid 3.2.0.16
>
> I'm trying
>
> acl userslimit src 192.168.0.0/16
> acl 3conn maxconn 3
> http_access deny 3conn userslimit
> client_db on
>
> grep 192.168.80.194 /var/log/squid/access.log | grep 2012:17:48:43 |
> wc -l
> 10
>
> And no ban
> Maybe I misconfigured something ?

Duration and overlap of those connections matters. If they were all
serviced in less than 100ms and closed it is possible they all took
place one after another sequentially with no more than 1 open at a time.

maxconn allows up to 3 *simultaneous* connections. Opening three then
closing one before opening a fourth is permitted. Only opening four at
once is not permitted.

> I have an another question about deny pages, when I block by
> maxconn/port/acldst/etc my users get the same DENY page without
> distinction, how can I customize the result (one page for dstdomain,
> one page for maxconn, one page for ldap ident, etc)

You use deny_info to attach a custom output to the last ACL on the
line. This output gets presented every time that ACL is last on a deny
line.
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/deny_info/

Amos