[squid-users] Login Popups on Windows XP with squid_kerb_auth and external acl

From: Игорь Потапов <potapoviv_at_vnipigaz.gazprom.ru>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 10:43:42 +0400

Hi.
squid is 3.1.19 on FreeBSD 8.2 with MIT kerberos. squid_kerb_auth is in use as the only auth scheme. Have some external acl to check authorization in mysql db. On machines running XP SP2 with IE8 (enabled Windows Intergrated Auth) sometimes authentication windows popup. I think this is happening if some request is denied by external auth script. If I hit Cancel page loads further. On Windows 7 see no such behavior.
Config is here http://pastebin.com/QyCiha8Q
Here is external auth script http://pastebin.com/LiAmniSz
I think IE8 on XP sometimes doesn't send Authorization and asks for it. Or falls back to NTLM. I've made some workarounds to disable login windows but on XP they appear.
Can I force IE8 on XP to use only negotiate/Kerberos?