[squid-users] Cache_mem settings

From: Peter Gaughran <Peter.Gaughran_at_nuim.ie>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 10:44:37 +0000

Hi folks,

We're in a large-number-of-users, high bandwidth/usage situation
(average 80 gigs per hour during business hours) and so have opted for a
couple of new proxies (one for fail-over) which we're about to make
'live'. Currently, our cache_mem and cache_dir look like the following

cache_mem 23424 MB
cache_dir aufs /cache1 183000 32 256
cache_dir aufs /cache2 183000 32 256
cache_dir aufs /cache3 183000 32 256
cache_dir aufs /cache4 183000 32 256

With internal testing (from a team of 5!), of course, everything is
fine. I'm concerned about what will happen when we roll them out, or if
there's something (blindingly) obvious we might have missed or that
could be tweaked.

This is very new to us, so we'd appreciate your understanding/help :)