TR: [squid-users] https analyze, squid rpc proxy to rpc proxy ii6 exchange2007 with ntlm

From: Clem <clemfree_at_free.fr>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 11:32:59 +0100

Hello,

Ok so I know exactly why squid can't forward ntlm credentials and stop at
type1. It's facing the double hop issue, ntlm credentials can be sent only
on one hop, and is lost with 2 hops like : client -> squid (hop1) -> IIS6
rpx proxy (hop2) -> exchange 2007

That's why when I connect directly to my iis6 rpc proxy that works and when
I connect through squid that request login/pass again and again. And we can
clearly see that on https analyzes.

ISA server has a workaround about this double hop issue as I have wrote in
my last mail, I don't know if squid can act like this.

I'm searching atm how to set iis6 perhaps to resolve this problem, but I
don't want to "break" my exchange so I've to do my tests very carefully

Regards

Clem