[squid-users] Squid transparent proxy issues with redirecting from HTTP to HTTPs

From: guest01 <guest01_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 14:27:10 +0100

Hi guys,

We are currently using our Squid (3.1.x) as transparent HTTP proxy
(with dst nat). We also want to use our Squid as transparent HTTPs
proxy, which works too, despite our Internet research in which we got
many results for "transparent https proxying is not possible". I admit
that there are some issues, but we only want to use it for our guest
lan, not every site has to work. Unforuntately, there are many sites
which start as HTTP-site and redirect to HTTPs before receiving login
credentials (e.g. amazon) or just redirect (e.g.
https://www.juniper.net/customers/csc/). In these situations, my
firefox prints following error message: The page isn't redirecting
properly. It seems Squid can't handle 302 (in transparent https mode?)

https://www.juniper.net/customers/csc/

GET /customers/csc/ HTTP/1.1
Host: www.juniper.net
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate