[squid-users] Non-static content not being cached

From: Michael Borejdo <mib_at_electronic-minds.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 10:32:06 +0000

Hello List,

Squid seems to be caching my static content correctly.
Whereas my "dynamic" content (might be even html file renamed to x.php served through apache) is not being cached at all.
I am not sending any cache-control headers, cookies, querystrings or the like.

I am using the default varnish config with some added/updated options (stolen from the internets) like
I am using varnish 2.7 Stable9. (also tried 3 with same effect)

[...]
http_port 3128 accel vhost vport=8080 defaultsite=test
[...]
cache_peer 10.13.110.161 parent 8080 0 no-query originserver name=myAccel login=PASS
[...]
forwarded_for on
emulate_httpd_log on
acl apache rep_header Server ^Apache
broken_vary_encoding allow apache
refresh_pattern . 60 100% 4320
negative_ttl 0 minutes
cache_mem 500 MB
maximum_object_size_in_memory 2048 KB
cache_replacement_policy heap LRU
memory_replacement_policy heap LRU
[...]
acl our_sites dstdomain localhost
http_access allow all
cache_peer_access myAccel allow all
cache_peer_access myAccel deny all
debug_options ALL,1 33,2
[...]

(I might have skipped other important parts, I can provide the full conf though, if needed)

What might be the reason for squid not caching specific content?
Being new to squid, What is the best way to debug this situation?
I can provide more logging info, if needed.

Thanks

Michael