[squid-users] Need some help about delay_parameters directive

From: Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 18:58:26 +0500

here is my acl and i want to limit download after every 10 MB of
download. now i am a bit confuse now. why this value giving me
expected result.
my_ip src 10.51.100.240
delay_pools 1
delay_class 1 1
delay_parameters 1 10000/20000000
delay_access 1 allow my_ip

according to my learning and understanding with squid delay parameters
directive, it accepts bites as values. please correct me if wrong
because i am a newbie.
so according to my computation the calculation should be some thing
like that. 10M should be

10 x1024 = 10240KB
10240x1024 = 10485760 Bytes
10485760 x 8 = 83886080 bits

now 20000000 is giving me the desired result except 83886080. why?

Please correct me and tell me what is wrong with my calculation or
understanding.

Thanks,

MYK