RE: [squid-users] Re: transparent caching

From: Zhu, Shan <Shan.zhu_at_ccur.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 13:36:59 -0400

Hi, Gareth and others,

My situation is like part of you said, I am using the proxy server as a "gateway" and the clients are not aware of it.

I am setting the squid to run on port 80, with only this configuration.

***
http_port 80 transparent
***

For experiment, I have no rules in IP tables, and it's turned off. It's basically working, at least for HTTP for now.

Please also check this post: http://www.deckle.co.za/squid-users-guide/Transparent_Caching/Proxy

Thanks,
Shan