[squid-users] Delay pool and Class A network

From: FredB <fredbmail_at_free.fr>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 19:11:57 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I'm working with a squid like concentrator for different networks, and I want limited the traffic by user, so i defined my network range in class A like 10.0.0.0/8
But sadly I saw that delay_pool doesn't works with this network's class

#
# The delay pool classes are:
#
# class 1 Everything is limited by a single aggregate
# bucket.
#
# class 2 Everything is limited by a single aggregate
# bucket as well as an "individual" bucket chosen
# from bits 25 through 32 of the IP address.
#
# class 3 Everything is limited by a single aggregate
# bucket as well as a "network" bucket chosen
# from bits 17 through 24 of the IP address and a
# "individual" bucket chosen from bits 17 through
# 32 of the IP address.
#
# NOTE: If an IP address is a.b.c.d
# -> bits 25 through 32 are "d"
# -> bits 17 through 24 are "c"
# -> bits 17 through 32 are "c * 256 + d"

Delay pools can work on a class A network like I have ?

Thanks Fred