Re: [squid-users] Re: Need some help about delay_parameters directive

From: Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 01:41:38 +0500

ok i did every thing byes bits i achieve the gole but value as per my
calculation is wrong. can you please tell me which value do you think
i shell put to limit download till 10MB then bandwidth may limit to
specific bytes.
i tries 1024000 it wokes till 1 MB file downloaded in full speed after
that things got limited as instructed but when i use 1024000000 it
give me only a lil above 5 MB download then bandwidth limits activate
. i can not actually get the point here why it is limiting so early as
i am expecting files to be downloaded till 10 however i manage that by
double the value things work well but still logic is not clear in my
mind

Thanks.

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 8:24 PM, Carlos Manuel Trepeu Pupo
<charlie.mtp_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> The delay_parameter it's in bytes not bits. Try and tell if work !!
>
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:11 AM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> please help me. delay_parameter 1 32000/10240000<---- this means  if i
>> complete10MB what ever the size would be regardless of that my
>> bandwidth would be limited to 32KB but in this case i can only able to
>> download 5MB and then my bandwidth shrink downs to 32KB. why ......
>> please help me. i search squid website it is clearly stating that
>> delay parameters accepts "bytes" as a value. please help
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 6:58 PM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>> here is my acl and i want to limit download after every 10 MB of
>>> download. now i am a bit confuse now. why this value giving me
>>> expected result.
>>> my_ip src 10.51.100.240
>>> delay_pools 1
>>> delay_class 1 1
>>> delay_parameters 1 10000/20000000
>>> delay_access 1 allow my_ip
>>>
>>> according to my learning and understanding with squid delay parameters
>>> directive, it accepts bites as values. please correct me if wrong
>>> because i am a newbie.
>>> so according to my computation the calculation should be some thing
>>> like that. 10M should be
>>>
>>> 10 x1024 = 10240KB
>>> 10240x1024 = 10485760 Bytes