Re: [squid-users] Re: delay_access for MIME-TYPE, possible?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 02:01:24 +1300

On 24/03/2012 12:07 a.m., MarkD wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Amos.
>
> Perhaps I'm misunderstanding how to slow down just streamed video/audio
> then.

Its a matter of the delay pool being calculated far too early in the
transaction or at least without the reply header details. I'm not very
familiar yet with the part of Squid it is done in though so can't point
at more details or fix it myself.

> Is there a better way of achieving this so all of the network receive 100%
> available network bandwidth EXCEPT when they try and stream from either all
> websites or if that's not possible then from a selected list,
> youtube,bbc,itv etc etc.

 From a selected list is easy, you certainly have all the request
details and headers to pick from. I'd say a set of ACLs based on
dstdomain or URL patterns would suit your needs.

Amos