[squid-users] Re: RPS

From: GarethC <gareth_at_garethcoffey.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 08:32:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Liley,

I have managed to find the Redhat kernel settings that I used on this Squid
server.

http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/file/n4499196/tcp-tweak-squid-bl460.txt
tcp-tweak-squid-bl460.txt

Please note that these settings were based on the resources available in the
server, a quick recap...

HP BL460c G6
2x Intel Xeon (Quad-core)
24GB RAM
2x 72GB SAS (HW RAID-1)
2x 2Gig Port Channel (w/ OS NIC bonding)
Redhat 5
Squid 2.7
The MAX CPU usage I recall was no more than 25% (at full capacity)
Cache mem was set at around 768MB, higher values were tested but this seemed
to work best.
Max obj size in memory was set to 2048KB
Max conn per second was ~2000, above this external factors came into play
(i.e. capacity on the PCI bus of the DDoS device, max throughput on the
firewall etc)

I'll try and find the Squid config to post up as that will be a lot more
useful to you.

-----
Follow me on...

My Blog