[squid-users] Conditional cache_peer based on transparent/non transparent connection?

From: Ed W <lists_at_wildgooses.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 12:53:56 +0100

Hi, I have an upstream cache_peer which requires authentication. My
local network squid accepts explicit proxy clients, and does transparent
redirection on everyone else.

Clearly I can't use the cache_peer for the transparently proxied
clients, however, how could I use it only for explicit proxy clients?
(ie those with a proxy set in their browser). The cache_peer line uses
login=PASSTHRU so we never get involved with the authentication on the
local squid

Thoughts on how I could achieve this please (without two squid
instances)? Squid 3.2.0.16

Thanks

Ed W