RE: [squid-users] https analyze, squid rpc proxy to rpc proxy ii6 exchange2007 with ntlm

From: Clem <clemfree_at_free.fr>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 15:33:45 +0200

Re,

I've found the option that generate issue only with windows7, in outlook proxy http settings window, we have this checked automatically : connect only to server proxy certificate that use this principal (common) name :
Msstd : externalfqdn

When I uncheck this option, my outlook (2007/2010) can connect trough squid with ntlm in my Exchange via outlook anywhere, If it's checked I've got a : server is unavailable.
In windows XP, checked or not, that works.

By the way, after connection to exchange succeed in w7, that option rechecks itself automatically ...

The point is, why ? Maybe windows7 is more paranoid with certificate ??

Have you an idea ?

Regards

Clem