Re: [squid-users] Squid and FTP

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 09:01:47 +0300

On 04/04/2012 08:12, Colin Coe wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to get our squid proxy server to allow clients to do
> outbound FTP. The problem is that our corporate proxy uses tcp/8200
> for http/https traffic and port 221 for FTP traffic.
>
> Tailing the squid logs I see that squid is attempting to send all FTP
> requests direct instead of going through the corporate proxy.
>
> Any ideas how I'd configure squid to use the corp proxy for FTP
> instead of going direct?
>
> Thanks
>
> CC

if you have parent proxy you should use the never_direct acl.

acl ftp_ports port 21
acl ftp_ports port (some other ftp ports you are usinf)

cache_peer corp_proxy_ip parent 8085 0 no-query no-digest proxy-only
cache_peer_access corp_proxy_ip allow ftp_ports
#or add another acls to use the corporate proxy
cache_peer_access corp_proxy_ip deny all

never_direct allow ftp_ports
#or add another acls to use the corporate proxy
never_direct deny all

Regards,
Eliezer

--