RE: [squid-users] https analyze, squid rpc proxy to rpc proxy ii6 exchange2007 with ntlm

From: Clem <clemfree_at_free.fr>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 09:29:54 +0200

Hi Guido,

Thanks for this link but I've already read it, and already set that
parameter (EXPR), and no change, I've made more tests yesterday :

..:::: WinXP -> squid -> exchange 2007

With lan manager parameters (secpol.msc) AND with msstd option checked in
outlook http proxy parameters :

. LM et NTLM only : working
. NTLM only : working
. NTLMv2 only : working

..:::: Windows7 -> squid -> exchange 2007

With lan manager parameters (secpol.msc) AND with msstd option checked in
outlook http proxy parameters :

. LM et NTLM only : NOT working
. NTLM only : NOT working
. NTLMv2 only : NOT working

With lan manager parameters (secpol.msc) AND with msstd option NOT checked
in outlook http proxy parameters :

. LM et NTLM only : working
. NTLM only : NOT working
. NTLMv2 only : NOT working

Without squid, so outlook connected directly to exchange via outlook
anywhere, that works with any parameters, for XP and 7.

I'm so confused ... Why with XP that works with any parameters and Windows7
only with 2 parameters on ?
What is the thing that do the difference between these two OS ?

Regards,

Clem