Re: [squid-users] Authentication problem

From: Mohamed Amine Kadimi <amine.kadimi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 11:05:58 +0000

> The designed purpose of these redirect tricks in commercial proxies (and
> Squid captive portals too) is to get the client to make a request to a
> controlled web service. That server pulls details such as the cient IP
> address and user-agent header (maybe other things) which the proxy can use
> as the things it checks for in external_acl_type script to guess at which
> later requests are coming from this same client and allow them through. If
> you do login at that point (optional!) it is merely to associate the browser
> signature with a username for recording/billing purposes.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

So when a client requests a web page, I'll check some "session table"
which should return OK to let the user go to the internet or ERR to
redirect him to my portal and recheck for cookie presence.

The problem now is this "session table". Is there any squid session
helper which is able to bound the session info to additional data
beside the user's IP?

--
Mohamed Amine Kadimi
Tél     : +212 (0) 675 72 36 45