Re: [squid-users] Cachemgr problem

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 23:16:49 +1200

On 10/04/2012 10:42 p.m., CyberSoul wrote:
> Hi all, I need help.
>
> I can not access to cache manager page.
> -----
> In squid.conf necessary acl and http_access prescribed
>
> acl manager proto cache_object
> acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/32
>
> http_access allow manager localhost
> http_access deny manager
> -----
> In Apache there are squid.conf with alias for /cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi
> -----
> When i go to the http://192.168.4.85/Squid/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi (192.168.4.85 is squid IP)
> open page with next text
>
> Cache Manager Interface
> This is a WWW interface to the instrumentation interface for the Squid object cache.
>
> Cache Server:
> Cache Host:
> Cache Port:
> Manager name:
> Password:
>
> I choose
> Cache Server: localhost:3128 (192.168.4.85:3128 also trying)
> Cache Host: localhost (192.168.4.85 also trying)
> Cache Port: 3128
> Manager name: trying<empty>, squid,root,apache,cachemgr
> Password: trying<empty>, password for root
>
> click "Continue" button and result is always one:
>
> The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: cache_object://192.168.4.85/
>
> Access Denied.
>
> Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.
>
> Your cache administrator is root.
>

> What is wrong? How to access to cache manager page& what setup of config must be done?

This usually means you got the order of http_access rules wrong. Check
that "allow manager ..." line is near the top before any which might
block the request.

If the manager action you are trying to view is password protected the
password is the one in squid.conf for that action.

What Squid version? and what cachemgr.cgi version?

Amos