Re: [squid-users] Using squid as transparent proxy causes problem with pages on https

From: Ahmed Talha Khan <auny87_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 15:50:48 +0500

Hey Amos,
I made headway with the the problem :).. I think the looping is
happening because squid is proxying the https port traffic onto http
port on the way out.

clientt----https=443---------->squid---------http=80----->origin server

I can see the external connection being setup-ed on port 80 whereas it
should have been on port 443. That is why the server keeps sending me
back the same url to re-direct to.. This is my theory...What do you
think about it? Also how i can make squid to output the original port
443 traffic on port 443 when connecting to the external servers...i
could see something you mentioned to another guy here

http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/squid-3-1-endless-loop-IIS-webserver-td4465329.html

This example was a reverse proxy example and might not work for
me...Any suggestions? I think we are about to crack it !!:)

-talha

--
Regards,
-Ahmed Talha Khan