[squid-users] WCCP2 / HTTPS /Squid3

From: Todd Smith <mts_lists_at_sohovfx.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 13:00:30 -0400

Hey all,

I'm doing some research into the subject of having Squid3.0 work through WCCP2 to such that CONNECT based ACLs work in the same manner as a straight browser connected proxy.

Is there a straight answer to this question? Some are claiming WCCP2 working with HTTPS connections and other posts are saying that its impossible or possible but without being fully transparent.

I'm scouring the web for examples but if anyone has any specific information on how to get HTTPS connections redirected to WCCP and thus squid they would be infinitely helpful.

In regards to version information I am using an ASA 5510, with Squid 3.1.11, I have base WCCP working with HTTP connections all through the same router interface. I can provide configuration examples if needed but I'd like to surmise if what I'm after is possible first and foremost.

Thanks,
Todd