[squid-users] Authentication Logging/Debugging

From: Chris Waters <cwaters_at_jeld-wen.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 14:03:04 -0700

I am working some authentication/performance issues with Squid 3.1.19 on
Ubuntu with NTLM via winbind and a filtering upstream service (proxy
chaining). Is there a method for turning on more verbose logging that
either shows the object the authentication parts are processing on or
interleaving the access log and debug log so that its apparent which
authentication request belongs to which object? What I am trying to
determine is if there are authentication issues or if it's the upstream
causing the latency.

I am not specifically talking about turning specific logging sections on
(like 28,9 29,9 for example), but a better method of matching what's being
requested and what's being done to authenticate the request.

I am also open to suggestion as to better methods to diagnose these kinds
of issues as well, so please, if you have an idea, let's here it.

Thanks,

Chris Waters