Re: [squid-users] Re: Block access to consumer accounts and services while allowing access to Google Apps for your organization

From: H <hm_at_hm.net.br>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 07:03:44 -0300

Raul Caballero Girol wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I need to implement this procedure:
>
> http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1668854
>
> Is possible with squid?. I have tried a lot of posibilities but it doesn't work
>
> Raul Caballero Girol

people write a lot of stuff but don't forget that any proxy interception
can be dis-intercepted

any proxy http[s] access limitation can be pretty useless, unless
accompanied by rigorous firewall rules

any "smart-a-user" do now how to use external proxies with vpn/ipinip
tunnel connections, hamachi stuff and others - no knowledge required,
only download the stuff and ready to go

so what I like to say is, sometimes the effort you spend in proxy
configuration at the end turns out pretty useless

so if you are seriously concerned about your internet access you better
go the straight way and block everything on your firewall and permit
certain sites which are in corporate's interest. Additional have your
own email server or relay-server on the intranet and ready to go ...

otherwise you will get tricked one way or the other :)

+55 11 4249.2222