[squid-users] Re: Is Adobe Connect Pro possible through Squid?

From: Linda Walsh <squid-user_at_tlinx.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 17:59:53 -0700

Peter Olsson wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Squid 3.1.19.
>
> Users behind squid can't connect to Adobe Connect Pro,
> probably because of RTMP. I have port 1935 in SSL_ports
> and 1025-65535 in Safe_ports.
>
> Is there anyone who had success connecting with
> Adobe Connect Pro through squid?
>
> Thanks!

 From their requirements page, it doesn't seem like it would
preclude a proxy...

But you might have to use a transparent mode proxy for it to work...
i.e. port forwarding...

Is there somewhere in the client where you can specify a proxy port?

If so, I'd bet RTMP would work through a CONNECT session, but if there
is no place to plug in a proxy -- then it's probably trying to go direct.

Have you run a wireshark trace to see if it is trying to get through your
proxy or trying to go direct?

wireshark is very useful to get to the bottom of these things and you don't
have to be a network expert to use it... you'll see if it is talking to your
proxy port or if an HTTP request is trying to go direct to the net (not through
a proxy)...

Says, port requirements:

1935 (RTMP), 80 or other HTTP port, 443 if SSL is enabled, 25 for SMTP
(optional), 1433 for external database (optional)

I've found SNAT or masquerading to be a requirement with some apps...then you
have to config squid as a transparent proxy (which i've never done, so don't
know how hard that is)...I'm sure someone who has done it would say it is not
hard, but once you know how to do something, it's rarely 'hard'...;-)