Re: [squid-users] Authenticating to sharepoint NTLM

From: Javier Conti <javier.conti_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 18:51:53 +0200

On 18 April 2012 07:33, Simon Dwyer <mail_at_simmyd.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have just implemented squid with kerberos + ntlm + basic
> authentication.
>
> I have just been told accessing a sharepoint website on the internet has
> stopped working.
>
> It seems the site is running NTLM authentcation.
>
> I have wiresharked the traffic on the proxy and can see the request come
> in from the client then out to the web server and the NTLM fields are
> left in place.
>
> The sharepoint server is responding with a 401 unauthroized.
>
> Where would be the next place to start looking?

Are you trying with Windows 7 clients? If yes, have you tried with a Windows
XP one?

I'm facing the same problem (getting Integrated Windows Authentication to
work through Squid) and as long as clients are Windows XP it works fine.

If this is the case, I can tell you that we already tried to lower the
security settings in Windows 7 to something comparable to those of Windows
XP but still see differences in behaviour (and still have the problem)...

Regards, Javier

PS: excuse me OP if the message went through twice, but Andoird doesn't
let me send plain text emails and the first one got bounced :(