Re: [squid-users] Authenticating to sharepoint NTLM

From: Javier Conti <javier.conti_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 02:09:20 +0200

On 19 April 2012 02:01, Brett Lymn <brett.lymn_at_baesystems.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:18:05PM +0200, Javier Conti wrote:
>>
>> It is known for Windows 7 (I don't know about Linux clients) to behave
>> differently from Windows XP.
>>

> If you are using samba for the authentication then perhaps adding:
>
> server signing = auto
>
> to the smb.conf will help.  By default Win 7 uses SMB signing, if you
> put this option on then samba will check if SMB signing is being used
> and respond appropriately.  This obviates the need for trying to tweak
> the Win 7 security settings down which really is a losing proposition
> since every time you rebuild the Win 7 client machine you have to remember to
> redo the security tweak or your environment may simply not allow you to
> adjust these settings.

Where should I put this setting? On the Squid server?

In my case, the LAB Squid through which I'm going is at the moment
completely open. By the way, if I try Kerberos, NTLM or plain auth against the
proxy itself, it works fine. It's just Windows 7 against IIS with IWA
through the
proxy that doesn't work. I don't think it's related, unless I'm
missing something...

Regards, Javier