Re: [squid-users] Re: Youtube, storeurl and 302 redirection

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 15:45:40 +0300

On 22/04/2012 15:25, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> On 22/04/2012 11:48, x-man wrote:
>> I think youtube changed something in the player behavior recently,
>> even now
>> for me http://code.google.com/p/youtube-cache/ is not working with squid
>> 2.7.
>>
>> Is it working for you now?
>>
>> --
> yes i have seen some changes on the behavior of the yt player but i want
> sure it has any effect on the caching.
> they indeed changed the thing that yt player wont load\download more
> data of the video file to preserve bandwidth.
> this is causing the problem and i will try to analyze it a bit.
> if someone has done any research about it i will be glad to hear about it.
>
> Regards,
> Eliezer

well this issue was easily resolved by "disallowing" the client to abort
the download using the directive:
     proxy_ignore_client_abort off;
on nginx.

and also you must understand that the caching is being done by "nginx"
and not "squid" so you must apply some cache storage management
mechanism that can erase youtube cached files.

Regards,
Eliezer

--
Eliezer Croitoru