Re: [squid-users] youtube regex not working

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 23:17:20 +1200

On 23/04/2012 8:25 p.m., MarkD wrote:
> (think I posted this in the wrong forum last week, apologies)
>
> I've tried all sorts and can't get delay pools working for youtube's HD
> resolutions of 720 and 1080p.
>
> Below is a config snippet I've been using which should block all streamed
> media. This works for bbc.co.uk but not for youtube.com
>
> If you remove the files in between the \/\/\/\ comments it will slow down
> all low res streams from youtube but not the HD ones. I put the \/\/\/\
> section in to test the mime types were working but the're clearly not even
> though fiddler is showing the header for the files as video/mp4.

Confusing. So are the lines between "\/\/\/\" working? or not?
If removing them changes things, something is working. But not
necessarily what you assume.

> Any ideas from anyone would be great. I have to get streaming and delay
> pools working within a few weeks time.?

QoS is better than delay pools. It can account for more traffic than
just Squid read/write throttling can do. Squid can emit TOS values based
on ACL evaluation to tag the request packets for QoS handling.

Amos