Re: [squid-users] Problems whith Hotmail & attachements

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 16:45:16 +1200

On 25/04/2012 12:48 a.m., Jose A. Vidal wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a transparent configuration of squid 2.6.STABLE21 without
> SquidGuardian
> nor other addons.

Tried an upgrade? 2.7.STABLE9 at minimum, although even that is about to
get deprecated now.

> I have configured the iptables to redirect tcp 80 to standard
> Squid port and forwarded all other ports to reach destinations.
>

> Everthing is fine:
> 1.-clients can open their hotmail/gmail accounts;
> 2.-clients can send mails;
> 3.-clients can send mails with attachements using gmail;
> but
> 4.- clients can not send mails with attachements using hotmail.
>
> I have googled to find a workaround or solution but have not found
> anything:
>
> This is what I've found and applied without success:
> # hotmail
> acl hotmail dstdomain .hotmail.com .passport.com .msn.com
> .passport.net .live.con
> balance_on_multiple_ip off
> header_access Accept-Encoding deny hotmail
> always_direct allow hotmail
>
> żany ideas?

You describe what you did, but the symptom description leaves us
wondering what the actual problem is.
What are the relevant HTTP traffic headers?

PS. I have seen identical behaviour from SquirrelMail installations
which fail to handle POST requests from IPv6 clients due to bad
X-Forwarded-For handling issues.

Amos