Re: [squid-users] Re: how the big guys are doing it - Caching dynamic content with squid

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 03:09:33 +0300

the big guys such as bluecoat? or other squid users?
i think bluecoat have some business contact with youtube and also they
do have a very powerful framework and a lot of resources.
many other squid users are using "cachevideo" that is using the
"url_rewite" option of squid.

icap can do many things but the problem is that you must program
something on icap.

i have used icap server "greasyspoon".
it can user java ruby and javascripts on any request and response.
i have tried to implement dynamic content caching that combines the icap
server but i need more programing knowledge to do whatever i wanted so i
stopped working on it.

if someone is up to the mission i think a lot of people will like it.

Regards,
Eliezer

--
Eliezer Croitoru