Re: [squid-users] anyone knows some info about youtube "range" parameter?

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 01:29:31 +0300

On 24/04/2012 21:02, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> as for some people asking me recently about youtube cache i have checked
> again and found that youtube changed their video uris and added an
> argument called "range" that is managed by the youtube player.
> the original url\uri dosnt include range but the youtube player is using
> this argument to save bandwidth.
>
> i can implement the cahing with ranges on nginx but i dont know yet the
> way that range works.
> it can be based on user bandwidth or "fixed" size of chunkes.
>
> if someone up to the mission of analyzing it a bit more to understand it
> so the "range" cache will be implemented i will be happy to get some
> help with it.
>
> Thanks,
> Eliezer

as for now the "minimum_object_size 512 bytes" wont do the trick for 302
redirection on squid2.7 because the 302 response is 963 big size.
so i have used:
minimum_object_size 1024 bytes
just to make sure it will work.
and also this is a youtube videos dedicated server so it's on with this
limit.

Regards,
Eliezer

--