RE: SPAM: Re: [squid-users] Cache that will not grow in size

From: Mark Engels <Mark.Engels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 06:44:50 +0000

Thanks for the reply Eliezer.

I've had a read through the more readable explanation and well. It definitely was more readable. I think Ill need to re-read the percentage field a few more times before I grasp it completely (rather busy here). However Ive taken your advice onboard and ive modified the values to read as 8640 90% 43800. I also added ipa and dmg file extensions to the original flv pattern as they were up there on our users more frequent requests. Originally I had copied the values from a blog somewhere on the net so I wasn’t aware there was a maximum value.

Tracking our users web history per site is rather tricky as we have 1300 users using approximately 700gig per month and there are constantly changing web filters, so what shows as a high use site may actually be blocked by the time I goto change any refresh patterns. However in saying that, I get fairly good reports from our ISA server which sits one step up.

Would you have any other suggestions to provide?