Re: [squid-users] Squid Reconfigure ICAP Settings

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 01:05:34 +1200

On 30/04/2012 8:37 p.m., Justin Lawler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Will squid reconfigure ICAP settings if a 'squid -k reconfigure' is triggered?

Squid re-loads the whole config file, rotates the logs, and restarts all
helper processes when reconfigure is triggered.

> Want to know can we update ICAP acl settings on the fly without restarting squid.

Look up the X-Next-Service feature of ICAP protocol. I think you will
find it far better for deciding what service(s) to run a request through
than dynamically changing the Squid configuration file.

Amos