[squid-users] Transparent proxy and IP address rotation

From: Kirk Hoganson <kirkhoganson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 14:44:59 -0600

I would like to configure our squid proxy (Version 3.0.STABLE19 on Linux
Ubuntu 10.04) to use a pool of addresses for outgoing connections. I
setup squid as a transparent proxy using "http_port 3128 transparent" in
the squid.conf, and then I setup an iptables to provide source nat
address rotation for the multiple interfaces the proxy has available.

The connections failed when attempting to source nat on the proxy.
Would this work if I were able to use tproxy instead of transparent on
the proxy server? Or is there another solution within squid that would
allow it to rotate through all available interfaces?

Thanks,
Kirk