[squid-users] Squid - Apache - Wordpress

From: Markus Lauterbach <markus.lauterbach_at_meinestadt.de>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 11:33:57 +0200

Hi there,

I installed two squids in front of my wordpress installation (based on apache). Up to now, I can browse my wordpress but I still see many misses in the squid logs. Wordpress itself likes to use many cookies and I expect that this is a corrupting influence. By searching via google, I found examples, where people use a squid infornt of there wordpress installation. Somehow it seems to work. And I found several howtos to Setup Varnish in front of wordpress, where the cookie is stripped. http://ocaoimh.ie/2011/08/09/speed-up-wordpress-with-apache-and-varnish/

Does anyone know a hint for me, what I should take a look to. It is posible, to manage the caching behavoir with my squid.conf, or do all the information (weather to cache the element or not) has to be set in the header by the application (wordpress). I already tried to set the vary header for cookies, but this doesnt leed to a useable configuration. Now, I would unlikely change from squid to varnish.

Thanks in advance

Markus