Re: [squid-users] Re: external acl code examples

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 15:15:04 +0300

On 02/05/2012 14:53, E.S. Rosenberg wrote:
> 2012/5/2 E.S. Rosenberg<esr_at_g.jct.ac.il>:
>> Hi,
>> I just thought I'd share the script I have for the squid side, maybe
>> someone finds it useful.
>> I wrote in PHP because I wanted to use prepared statements and am most
>> familiar with PDO.
>>
>> Now my logs have usernames but squid does not allow me to make
>> proxy_auth acls since I have no auth mechanism configured (this
>> particular squid instance is a museum piece - 2.6, soon to be
>> replaced), if this issue also exists in squid 3.1 then how would I
>> control users based on a username returned through an external ACL?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Eli
> I stuck the script on my server, that makes an easier read then from
> inside a mail:
> http://kotk.nl/verifyIP.phps
>
> Hope that helps,
> Eli

i saw your external_acl app and it seems very nice.
i wrote another one on ruby that seems almost like that(a mimic for
practice).
and i was wondering about how do you plan to implement the proxy_auth acls?
using AD? some other DB?
you mentioned something about the network infrastructure\CISCO if i
remember right.

Regards,
Eliezer

<SNIP>