[squid-users] Re: Redirector idea using request header

From: gslavic <gslavic_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 08:48:12 -0700 (PDT)

 First thing, thanks for the idea Marcus.

For redirecting requests to different sites that would be the solution,
unfortunately ICAP is not the solution that will work for my problem.
Problem is that level of processing required after getting the request
header, interserver communication Squid-ICAP and other problems that would
arise from them will put too much new problems on already bug-rich
environment work in :-( Plus, involving another server in already
request/bandwidth/workload interface I am developing is bound to generate
series delays and problems.

Another problem is that the my redirector script is the starting point of
other programs that not only redirect/rewrite URI but do serious work on the
future destination (local Apache server) that the client will be redirected
to :-)

Only thing that will work for my problem is a system variable, or
modification of redirector interface that will deliver the HTTP_GET request
header to Perl redirector script. Besides, just like ICAP, Squid gets the
request header, it memorizes it in SOME program variable (otherwise it would
be impossible for Squid to write it in access.log AFTER it handles the
request). Only thing that I need, is for somebody to help me find out:
1. Where is that variable ?
2. How do I get it ?
3. How do I import it to Perl redirector script ?

Thanks in advance for all help/guidelines you give me.
Goran Slavic