Re: [squid-users] Re: external acl code examples

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 10:55:48 +1200

On 06.05.2012 20:37, E.S. Rosenberg wrote:
> Ah, so if I understand this correctly I can't do anything with the
> usernames on the proxy that runs the external acl but by handing of
> the usernames to a parent I can start implementing policies based on
> the usernames?
>
> Thanks,
> Eli

Right now yes. It is very easy to add new ACLs to Squid-3 series
though. If you want to sponsor an ext_auth type ACL (say $200USD) I'm
happy to code it up for you. Or you could write it yourself and submit.
The ext_user is already stored in the HttpRequest object ready for ACL
match() to access.

Amos