Re: [squid-users] Re: FTP through squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 10:31:17 +1200

On 09.05.2012 01:18, Hugo Deprez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thank you for the information.
>
> If I sepcify the following parameter in my configuration file it :
> ftp_epsv OFF
>
> FTP with firefox is working.
>
> I think users will needs to use Filezilla or something equivalent, so
> what kind of Solution Do I Have ?

With Squid, only that nasty CONNECT open-proxy situation.

Frox proxy is the one we usually point people at for FTP protocol
proxying. It does FTP proxy without needing the HTTP wrapping layers
like Squid.

> My main goal is to setup a squid in order to specify bandwith
> limitation.
>
> By the way, does delay_parameters are apply to Safe_ports ?

delay_parameters applies to requests which past the delay_access ACL
set for each pool. Safe_ports is just an ACL test.

> For information I use the following ACL :
> delay_access 1 allow all

Then delay pool #1 in your config is applied to *all* traffic.

Amos