Re: [squid-users] Enabling Microsoft Lync access

From: Usuário do Sistema <maiconlp_at_ig.com.br>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 21:20:31 -0300

the lync is an confused app.

I have allowed follow FQDN and port in my firewall because when lync
start it does bypass at the proxy setting in the local machine so it
forward initial connections by gateway that is my firewall. after the
lync comes forward package by proxy.

sipdirbl20b00.online.lync.com
sippoolsn20a01.online.lync.com
sipdirbl20b00.online.lync.com
sippoolsn20a01.online.lync.com

for each fqdn I have allowed follow ports

443 STUN/TCP
443 PSOM/TLS
3478 STUN/UDP
5223 UDP
50000-59999 RTP/UDP

I have allowed follow strings at the my proxy.

.microsoftonline.com.
.outlook.com.
.lync.com.

I wonder when lync uses the proxy and when it bypass!! but all to work
it's need allow that's string in proxy as well as port/fqdn in the
firewall.

thanks