[squid-users] squidclamav with URL filtering for malware

From: Simon Dwyer <mail_at_simmyd.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 16:06:09 +1000

Hi all,

Been looking all day but i am having trouble getting squidclamav working
as i THINK it should work.

I am using it with C-ICAP and its working great for files.

I have enabled the Google Safe Browsing in Clamav and it works great if
it comes across a file with a link in it but it wont scan the actual URL
the browser is going to. Now this might be the correct action.

Is there a way of using Google Safe Browser blacklist with squid
directly? I am already using the blacklist from malware.com.br but we
have had an infection this morning which is currently only been picked
up by the GSB.

Any guidance would be awesome :)

Cheers,

Simon