Re: [squid-users] Squid cant parse one of my url (Squid3 and internet explorer 9)

From: Fosiul Alam <fosiul_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 14:31:24 +0100

Hi
Thanks for quick response
yes, From external you cant access that link, i belived its internal

let me tell you the steps

a) We go to this website
https://portal.amey.co.uk/supportproviders
after providing username and password
it will tell you to download juniper SEtup Client program.
after the program installed , its created a tunnel from this pc to
customer network

b) then we go to anotehr page where we see a link which actually take us to

https://portal.amey.co.uk/dana/home/launch.cgi?url=https%3A%2F%2Fameymdm.ameygroup.int%2Fmobicontrol%2F

Now : if i dont use Squid, after click on that link it will give a
Certificate error , then from their it will take you to
https://ameymdm.ameygroup.int/mobicontrol/

but From squid, when i click on bellow link

https://portal.amey.co.uk/dana/home/launch.cgi?url=https%3A%2F%2Fameymdm.ameygroup.int%2Fmobicontrol%2F

it will show a "The webpage cannot be found"

so basically squid does not know how to go to that site
dont why ..

but when i try without squid,,
same computer, same network its works perfectly ..

Please give me light..
fosiul

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il> wrote:
> it seems like a dns problem.
> this domain :ameymdm.ameygroup.int
> is an internal one so squid should have access to this dns record.
> you can try another solution by using exceptions in iptables for inside ip's
> servers.
>
> Eliezer
>

> On 24/05/2012 16:11, Fosiul Alam wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>> i am facing a wired behaviour from squid.
>>
>> we are trying to connect to via Jupiter  windows secure application
>> manager to a clients network via http( Soti Mobi Control)
>>
>> its works fine from outside of our network , even though from same
>> internal network without squid proxy .. but when it try to go via
>> squid, it does not able to resolve the address!!!
>>

>> example :
>> after typing username and password , its goes to here
>>

>> https://portal.amey.co.uk/dana/home/launch.cgi?url=https%3A%2F%2Fameymdm.ameygroup.int%2Fmobicontrol%2F
>>
>> and it suppose to through a Certificate Error and from their it should go
>>
>> https://ameymdm.ameygroup.int/mobicontrol/
>> but it does not through any Certificate error not it goes to
>>
>> https://ameymdm.ameygroup.int/mobicontrol/
>> instead of that its say :
>>
>> The webpage cannot be found
>>
>> i think its something to do with "https%3A%2F%2Fameymdm" which squid
>> does not know how to parse.. there is not any deny in squid log.
>> the log i get :
>>
>> 1337864980.578  33479 192.0.0.131 TCP_MISS/200 24512 CONNECT
>> portal.amey.co.uk:443 - DIRECT/216.31.202.163 -
>> 1337865025.716      0 192.0.0.131 TCP_MISS/404 0 CONNECT
>> ameymdm.ameygroup.int:443 - DIRECT/- -
>>

>> Can any one help me to find out what happenning ...
>>
>> As i said, if i try without proxy, it works fine. but with proxy it does
>> not ..
>>

>> Regards
>

> --
> Eliezer Croitoru
> https://www1.ngtech.co.il
> IT consulting for Nonprofit organizations
> eliezer <at> ngtech.co.il

Fosiul Alam
07877100621
http://www.fosiul.co.uk