[squid-users] squid on windows

From: kshitij <gupta.kshi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 15:52:20 -0700

Hi,
  I need some help to run squid-3.0 or squid -3.1 on windows platform.

I already tried the squid-2.7 binary at
http://squid.acmeconsulting.it/download/squid-2.7.STABLE8-bin.zip
The squid-2.7 binary works great.

Now I want to move further and need to  implement some icap
transformations.  I understand that there is no stable binary
available for squid3.0+ windows port.
Would like to get some pointers on how to proceed such that a
squid-3.0+ windows can be created
Q1. Which branch of squid would be a good starting point for
compilation on windows.
Q2. Are there major stumbling blocks for a  windows squid 3.0+ port or
the effort is more on compilation and then testing it out.

regards
Kshitij