Re: [squid-users] how to check squid slowness?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 23:28:02 +1200

On 25/05/2012 4:03 p.m., Julie Xu wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have some complains about the squid courses get web page from internet very slow time by time.
>
> on the server side, I can not see any performance issue.
>
> so, I would like to get someway to confirm on squid application side.
>
> what I should do to confirm the squid pass traffic is slow or not?

Your Squid access.log should contain service-time information. see
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidLogs for more details of the
log format.

You can look for unusually long requests times here, its relative to
size of object of course and ignore CONNECT that is a encrypted tunnel
of multiple HTTPS requests.

> and is any possbile to monitor for few day?

Your proxy. Only you can answer that.

Unless you mean you are looking for log processors which can handle
several days data?

Amos